Italian grinder burgers are made on a crusty bun with Italian sausage, meat, onions, bell peppers, tomato sauce, and Italian herb dressing. Usually topped with cheese slices. It is also known as Hero Sandwich. There is no specific name for this burger but it is made with many variations all over the world. This is a very tasty recipe and everyone loves it, regardless of age or gender. It is a popular lunch box item.
So without wasting a moment, try this spicy, hot recipe and make your evening more enjoyable.
- Lean beef: 2 pounds (Minced)
- Italian sausage: 2 pounds
- Water: 1 cup
- Onions: 2 cups (Chopped)
- Green bell pepper: 2 cups (Coarsely chopped)
- Tomato sauce with Italian herbs: 2 cans
- Tomato paste with Italian herbs: 2 cans
- Garlic: 2 teaspoons (Finely chopped)
- Brat buns: 6
- Cheese: 16 slices
- Cook the minced beef and Italian sausage in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until the meat is brown. Take out the fat that comes out.
- Now add water, onion, green bell pepper, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and garlic and simmer on low heat for about 5-6 hours or on high heat for 2-3 hours.
- Cut the buns in half, on the bottom, spread 2 tablespoons of cooked meat and top with 2 slices of cheese.
- Cover with the top part and serve with Diablo sauce and french fries.