White fish love on the seashore or near the seashore and it’s a best substitute of oily fish. Whitefish has dry and white meat and it contains oil only in its liver. In whitefish salad, whitefish is de boned and flakes and skin is removed. Its then mixed with mayo and other herbs and then seasoned with salt and pepper.
Whitefish salad is an excellent source of Vitamin B6 and B12. It’s also a source of many nutrients. It’s a healthy, tasty, rich flavored and crunchy topper. You can enjoy whitefish salad by spreading it over a crunchy cracker. It’s a good light lunch if served with a bowl of soup.
- Mayonnaise: 3/4 cup
- Lemon zest (Finely grated): 1/2 tablespoon
- Fresh lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Smoked whitefish (skin, bones, and flakes removed): 2 pounds
- Celery stalk (Finely diced): 1 large
- Red onion ( Finely diced): 1/2 small
- Kosher salt: For seasoning
- Black pepper (Freshly ground): For seasoning
- Bagels: For serving
- Pickled red Onion (Recipe follows): For serving
Pickled Red Onions:
- Red wine vinegar: 1 cup
- Fresh lime juice: 1/4 cup
- Table sugar: 3 tablespoons
- Kosher salt: 1 tablespoon
- Coriander seeds: 1/4 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds: 1/4 tablespoons
- Black peppercorns: 1/4 tablespoons
- Thinly sliced red onion: 1 medium
For Pickled Red Onions:
- Combine red wine vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, and black peppercorns in a sauce pan and cook at high heat until sugar and salt is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let it to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Put thinly sliced red onions in a bowl and pour vinegar mixture over the onions. Toss to mix well and refrigerate it for 1 hour before serving.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a large bowl and whisk. Now add whitefish, celery, and onions, whisk to combine well.
- Add salt and black pepper for seasoning.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with bagels and Pickled Red Onions.
Where should I send this eBook?