Grilled Chicken Sandwich is a popular evening snack made by wrapping food filling between the fold of bun or bread. It’s also a popular lunch and picnic food as well. The history traces back to 18th Century Europe. Sandwich gained popularity in the 19th Century as a portable, fast, and inexpensive meal. Lots of variations can be made by filling the bread or buns with your desired food.
Chicken Sandwich basically consists of boneless, skinless chicken warped in bread. The chicken meat can be fried, grilled, boiled, and shredded mixed with white sauce. Usually, the chicken burger is made with grilled chicken with various filling options like salad, lettuce leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion rings.
It’s a highly nutritious and healthy snack that keeps you feeling fill for a longer time. It’s a big source of protein as the chicken is the main ingredient and carbohydrates in the form of wheat bun or bread. So overall it’s a healthy choice and you can try this at home.
- Chicken Breast ( cut into a portion to fit with the buns) : 1 Piece
- Multigrain buns : 2 buns
- Green leaf lettuce: 2 leaves
- Tomato: 4 slices
- Vegetable oil: 4 tablespoons
- Apple cider vinegar: 1/2 cup
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Onion Powder: 1/2 tablespoon
- Paprika: 1/2 tablespoon
- Orange Juice: 2 tablespoon
- Grape Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Chicken stock: 1/4/cup
- Molasses: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: to taste
Make your Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined thoroughly.
- Marinate the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for about 4 hours to allow the marinade to get through to the meat.
- Oil and heat the grill pan over medium heat. Once the grill is at the right temperature, pick one chicken piece, shake slightly, and put on the grill carefully.
- Press the chicken with a saucepan for nice char marks and cook each side for about 3 minutes.
- Take another pan to slightly brown the multigrain buns. Cut the buns horizontally and toast each side of the bun for about 2 minutes.
- Add green lettuce on the bottom bun, then add tomato slices and grilled chicken pieces and cover with the top bun. Add any sauce if you want and serve.
Where should I send this eBook?