Skip to content
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Beat egg whites in a bowel until whites are foamy.
- beat in white sugar and continue beating until egg whites are glossy and hold soft peaks.
- Fold sift confectioners’ sugar and ground almonds into the egg whites.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag and pipe about 1 1/2 inches round diameter, onto prepared baking sheet, leaving space between the disks.
- Let the piped cookies stand out at room temperature until they form a hard skin on top, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 285 degrees F (140 degrees C).
- Bake cookies until set but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- let cookies cool completely before filling.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, cream butter until soft and smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.