Buy Eel fish from the market and prepare Teriyaki eel at home. It is not a complicated process to prepare it.
- 2 fillets eels
- ¼ cup soy sauce(we also provide the GF soy sauce)
- ¼ cup mirin
- 2½ Tbsp sugar
- 1½ Tbsp cooking wine (light)
Directions for making Teriyaki Eel(Unadon)
- To make the basic sauce: In a small pan add the mirin cooking wine and sugar. In a medium heat allow it to boil and add the soy sauce. Reduce the heat and make the liquid to thicken in low heat. Quickly cool the sauce and store it in a tight container.
- Preheat your oven to (290°C) for 3 minutes. Cut fillets on lengthwise and keep inside the oven in a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Spray over the aluminum foil with vegetable oil before cooking.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes. Brush over the eel fillets with the basic sauce over. Continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes or until you see bubbles on top of fillet.