As indicated by its name “Red Chicken” is just something that indicates and something intensely spicy and incredible. Not only this, it also void a special feeling of pleasure and happiness and this is definitely something that I have been creating for a long time and no wonder my guest and friends always have a very positive view about this recipe.
Actually, this recipe “The Red chicken” comprises of chicken which is wholly marinated and coated with a wide-range and enormous number of spices under and over its skin that definitely tastes sterling and splendid when baked, and is perfect to be taken in the chilling winter nights. This recipe has always remained first-class in my circle and the sole reason for this is it’s easy, quick and supreme preparation.
For this reason I have presented this well-known chicken recipe that offers a complete toothsome meal for 8 individuals and is densely composed of several spices and herbs and is just excellent for your family. Excited? Let’s begin:
|Skill: Easy||Cooking time: 1 hour|
|Preparation time: 30 minutes||Serves: 8 persons|
- 1 whole chicken, cut in little pieces.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- 1 super-hot pepper sauce, to taste.
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- 1 cup regular flour.
- 1 cup tomato sauce.
- ½ cup water.
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- 3 ½ tablespoons chutney.
- 3 ½ tablespoons white sugar.
- 3 ½ tablespoons white vinegar, distilled.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 tablespoon paprika.
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard, grounded.
- First of all, set the oven to preheat at about 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking sheet with a little bit of butter, you may also use vegetable spray as a substitute.
- Afterwards, add flour, salt and grinned black pepper together in a zip-lock back. Close the zip tightly and shake the bag as hard as you can, make sure to entirely mix all the ingredients present in it. Then place chicken pieces into the bag, not all collectively but add them gradually, one-by-one. Again shake the bag to get the chicken nicely coated with the seasoned flour.
- When done, place the prepared, coated chicken pieces in the greased baking sheet.
- Warm butter in a skillet and flame it on a medium heat. Eventually, add onions in it and cook them until they gets soft in texture, 5 minutes at most.
- Sprinkle these cooked onions over the chicken pieces. After that, combine the water, chutney, tomato sauce, vinegar, paprika, sugar, ground mustard, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce in a bowl and let it cook it on low-medium flame until the sugar gets completely dissolved.
- When dissolved, pour the liquid over the onions and chicken and wholly cover them with this sauce.
- Now, all is done except baking the fowl (Chicken), Put the chicken in the pre-warmed oven and let it bake for about 1 complete hour, until the chicken is no longer pink, sauce starts to bubble and juices run clear then. When completed, take it out and serve it with the favorite and requested drink.
Before shaking the mixture in the bag make sure to tightly secure all the ejecting parts like the zip opening, so that the mixture doesn’t split out.