When thinking about banana bread the most possible location that comes in our mind is the legendary land of Jamaica. Being a great destination place Jamaica is not only packed with lots of cultural and traditional values but it also owns some of the best and a delightful dish in the world, one such dish is the eminent “Jamaican Banana bread”.
The history of this banana bread goes back to 20th century, their magnificent method just got popularity in a short time and the recipe expanded like wild fire, with thousands of fan and devotees waiting to learn this magnificent process.
If you are one such and seeking to make a perfect and delicious homemade Jamaican banana bread then this is a lot for you in this paper. Here you will learn how to make the striking, tender, and flavorful banana bread that you’ll surely love to enjoy as an evening snack.
|Cooking time: 60 minutes
|Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour.
- 2 cups granulated sugar.
- 2 cups banana, mashed.
- ½ cup walnuts.
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable oil.
- 4 eggs.
- 1 teaspoon soda.
- 1 teaspoon Salt.
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon cloves.
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Loaf pan.
Instructions for Jamaican Banana Bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F (176.6 °C).
- Neatly grease two loaf pans using a grease spray or you can also do it simply by using a kitchen brush and just spread the oil using it.
- After the greasing is completed, dust the pan’s surface with a tiny bit of all-purpose flour.
- Next, put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and make a deep well in their center using a spoon.
- Place mashed banana and all the remaining ingredients in the center, gracefully.
- Afterward, mix all the ingredients together, make sure to blend them well and mix until all the dry matter gets moist.
- When the batter is ready, pour it in the two neat and greased loaf pans and set them to bake in the pre-heated oven for about 50-60 minutes.
- Lastly, check the cake by putting a toothpick in it, if it comes clean then you are ready to proceed! Take the cake out and let it cool on the rack for about an hour.
- Congratulations! Now you tasty and stunning Jamaican Banana cake is just ready you may now jump in the joy of what you have made yourself.
- You can also use this same recipe for pumpkin bread. Just substitute the banana with the pumpkin in order to get your desired flavor.
- If you are a coconut lover, then you can sprinkle coconut powder in the sixth step. Make sure to include the coconut when the batter is ready.
Spread the joy!
Share the recipe with your friends, family and loved ones and let them taste the joy of life! Spread the Word on different Social platforms.
You may also enjoy:
- Steamed PEI Mussels
- Mediterranean Vegetable Cake
- Mott’s applesauce wreaths
- Encebollado de Pescado
- Hong Kong Noodles
Where should I send this eBook?