Skip to content
For the pie crust
- 180g flour
- Salt to taste
- 125g butter
- 1 large egg
For the filling
- 200g chicken chopped
- 150g grated cheese
- ½ onion
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1¼cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the pie crust sift the flour in a large bowl add pinch of salt.
- Rub in the cold butter until you have a soft breadcrumb texture.
- Add the egg and form a firm dough, then rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Now roll a large disk on a light floured surface and line in spring form.
- Prick with a fork and bake the pie crust at 180C for 10-15 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion, then fry on low heat until the onion has softened, about 5-8 minutes.
- Fry the diced chicken in a frying pan until cook.
- For the filling whisk together the eggs, milk and cream.
- Add the grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fried onions onto the pie crust and add the diced chicken.
- Pour the filling over and bake for 25 minutes at 350F/180C in the lower part of the oven.
- Garnish and serve warm.