Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread is Soft , Healthy and Spicy Bread. It’s realy excellent options for holiday gift giving either as bread or muffins. We can make it healthier by changing the flour to whole wheat and adding pumpkin seeds and raisings.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions for making Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour three 7×3 plug loaf pans.
- In a Large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar till properly blended.
- In a separate bowl, put together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger and mix well.
- Hump the dry components into the pumpkin combination till it become soft and blended.
- Pour into the ready pans.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes within the preheated oven.
- Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in comes without sticky dough.
Why is Pumpkin Bread Dry?
Store loaves or muffins in airtight containers to preserve moiser, as no matter how moist the recipe, exposure to air will cause the bread to dry out.