Diablo sauce is a spicy sauce that can be served with pasta and seafood. It has a pleasant, smoky tomato flavor. It is made with Habanero, Jalapeno, Pasilla, ancho, and California chili peppers and has three variations depending on the level of spices, Mild, Hot, and Fire. This is a great dip for shrimp and fried fish. This will enhance the taste of your dish.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s try it and make our fried dishes more delicious and memorable.
- Habanero pepper: 1
- Jalapeno pepper: 1
- Pasilla pepper: 1/2
- Peeled tomatoes: 14 1/2 ounces
- Chili paste: 1/8 cup
- Soy sauce: 4 teaspoons
- Brown sugar: 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Cayenne pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
- Ancho chili powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- California chili powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Paprika: 1/4 teaspoon
- Fresh chopped cilantro: 2 teaspoons
- Lemon: 1/2 (Squeezed)
- Roast Habanero and Jalapeno peppers over an open flame until they are burnt and blackened on all sides. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Remove the stem and seeds of roasted peppers and pasilla pepper. Make a paste of pasilla pepper.
- Crush the tomatoes and put them in a saucepan along with their sauce. Add roasted Habanero and Jalapeno pepper, pasilla pepper paste, paprika, soy sauce, brown sugar, cayenne, ancho, and California chili powder into the saucepan and cook until boil. Reduce heat and allow it to simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Once cool, add cilantro and lemon juice.
- Put the sauce in a food processor or blender and mix until a smooth, flowing paste is formed. The sauce is ready. Serve with Fantail Shrimp and store the rest of the sauce in an airtight jar.