Steamed Chocolate Cake is an Asian Chocolate cake. Normally Japanese, Philipenes like Steaming over Baking for preparing cakes. Steamed Chocolate cake cooked in bamboo steamer and requires much less sugar to keep the cake moist and soft.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
Instructions: Making Steamed Chocolate Cake
- Take sugar, oil, milk, vanilla,egg in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix the flour with cocoa powder and baking powder well in a separate bowl.
- Mix both well till the dough is smooth and soft.
- Steam this for 45 minutes and insert a wooden toothpick to test if its done.
- Prepare a chocolate syrup with available chocolate chips, corn syrup and vanilla. Melt it medium steaming and top it on the steamed cake.
This is how to make fluffy steamed cake with available home utensils. You can verify the Nutritional values by clicking here