Spread the love
Seared Scallops Recipe is delicious and easy to cook. It makes a simple and easy meal which can served with pan sauce.
- 1 pounds dry sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prep Scallops. Rinse scallops to remove any potential grit and drain them well. Pat both sides of scallops dry with paper towels.
- Heat Skillet. Then heat a medium (12-inch skillet) over medium heat. Add butter and olive oil into heated skillet and allow the butter to melt.
- Cook. Add the scallops to the skillet in a single layer, making sure to leave space between them. Then cook for about 3 to 5 minutes on one side, then gently turn scallop with a small spatula to sear the second side for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until the scallop is firm to the touch and well-browned. Then remove them to a platter to serve with pan sauce.