Great Ideas To Surprise Your Mom On Mother's Day
Sacchetti is an Italian dish, also called “beggar’s purse” because of its shape, which is a small circular sack and packed on top like a bag. Sacchetti is a pasta that is stuffed with vegetables or something else and fastened at the top. It is available as ready-made in the markets.
To maximize its flavor, you just need to boil it and then mix it with your favorite sauce. It is usually served with tomato sauce. If you want to make your evening special with twisted flavors then you must try this recipe.
- Olive oil: 1/4 cup
- Leek, white part: 1 (Sliced)
- Carrot: 1 (Finely chopped)
- Garlic: 3 cloves (Crushed)
- Lentil: 400g can (Rinsed, drained)
- Tomatoes: 400g (Diced)
- Vegetable stock: 1/2 cup
- Vegetable filled Sacchetti pasta: 375g
- Basil leaves: 1/2 cup (Chopped)
- Parmesan: 1/2 cup (Shaved)
- Heat olive oil in a large cooking pan over low heat. Add garlic, leek, and carrot. Saute for 5 minutes until leek is tender but not brown.
- Add lentil, tomatoes, and vegetable stock. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Boil water in a saucepan with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add Sacchetti pasta and cook according to instructions given on the packet, drain.
- Combine lentil mixture and pasta. Top with chopped basil and parmesan. Serve and enjoy.