Janet’s Banana Bread is a comfort food on a rainy day. You can tailor the recipe your own way! Simple and easy to do, I HOPE you’ll take the time and enjoy it too!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts , in mixture (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip, in mixture (optional)
- 1 cup melted chocolate chips , on top when still warm (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions for making Janet’s Banana Bread
- Mix together: Butter, Sugar, Eggs, Sour Cream, Vanilla.
- MIX Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda in a bowl.
- FOLD Flour mixture to Cream ,walnut and banana.
- Bake in oven 180 degrees for approximately 20-30 minutes until Golden on top and toothpick comes out clean when tested.
- ***Let your creativity take you away!***
- Am SURE you’ll enjoy this forever!
How do you keep your Janet’s Banana bread moist?
After baking allow the bread to cool in normal temperature. Then wrap it in air tight plastic cover. You can extend the life of the bread by keeping in refridgerator. It has to be covered airtight or in a container.
Why is my Janet’s Banana Bread dry?
Too much of flour to banana ratio make it dry. Too much of banana make it too wet and go bad quick. The banana should be fully ripe. Unripe banana will make the bread hard. Don’t over mix the flour with banana. This is the common mistake everybody makes and the bread will hard and rubber like after baking. So prepare the dough first and mix banana to just fold it. ***Donot over mix after adding banana***
What is the difference between Banana Bread and Banana Cake?
Banana cakes are made from soft wheat flour which is ultimately low in gluten. Whereas Banana bread is made from regular flour. Banana breads are made using baking powder and banana cakes are made with yeast.
Why does my banana bread crack on top?
The crack down middle of a quick-bread is usually caused when the top of the loaf sets before the loaf is finished rising. As the loaf continues to rise, the stress on the cooked top surface causes the crack.