Flan De Queso is a spanish pudding meaning ” Cream of Cheese Flan”. This soft flan is made with cream cheese, covered with a layer of homemade caramel. This is easy to prepare delicious variation of traditional flan that can be prepared in 5 minutes! At your next family dinner, feast on a sweet ending, serving this cold treat.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
Directions for making Flan De Queso
- PreHeat oven to 350°F. In small flat pan over medium heat, add sugar and ½ cup water. Bring water to boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Drag sugar into the center with a spatula once the edges start to brown. Continue cooking, stirring from time to time, until caramel is an even golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully pour caramel to 8-cup heat-proof mold, quickly swirling to evenly coat bottom before caramel hardens; set aside.
- In medium bowl, using hand blender or whisk, beat together cream cheese and eggs until smooth. Whisk in condensed milk and evaporated milk until smooth and combined. Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared mold with caramel; cover tightly with foil. Place mold in larger, deep pan. Pour enough hot (not boiling) water into larger pan, until water comes halfway up sides of flan mold.
- Transfer pan to oven. Bake until flan is set (toothpick inserted into center comes out clean), 40-45 minutes. Remove flan mold from pan; discard foil. Let sit until cool. Transfer flan mold to refrigerator until chilled, at least 2-3 hours.
- To unmold, run thin knife around edges of flan. Invert onto serving plate. Your Flan De Queso is Ready.
What is Cream of Cheese made of?
Cream of cheese is a fresh, soft mild tasting cheese produced from unskimmed cow’s milk. Given that it is made from a combination cream and milk, the cheese has a high fat content. In the US, cream cheese need to contain at least 33% fat content while in Britain it should be a minimum of 45-65%.
Why is it called Philadelphia Cream Cheese?
Philadelphia Cream Cheese was invented in New York in 1872, according to the Kraft Heinz Co., and got its name in 1880 as part of a marketing strategy to associate the product with the high-quality food and dairy farming for which the Philadelphia area was known at the time.
Is Creame Caramel same as Flan?
The most common flan is a creme caramel, but the custard that is flan can be flavored with many things other than caramel. It can be savory or sweet. They’re pretty much the same sometimes. The most common flan is a creme caramel, but the custard that is flan can be flavored with many things other than caramel.
Flan de Queso (Cream Cheese Flan)
ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved