Great as a side dish and plausible appetizer these unique “Chilies Toreados” are a perfect Mexican delight that not only boost the flavor of the core dish but also spreads spice in the mouth and therefore a must try for celebration parties and events. Although there are no tight limits and surely you can eat them on your own with your perfect night dinner.
These little chilies are a Sure-fire way to add excitements and spices in your current meal and enhance your joy. So why not try today! Let’s GO:
|Skill: Easy||Cooking time: 5 minutes|
|Preparation time: 5 minutes||Serves: 6 individuals|
- 6-8 Serrano peppers OR 4 jalapeños.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- 2 teaspoons of soya sauce, Optional.
- In the first place, gently press down the Serrano peppers with your hand, you can also do it using a spoon. Press it in a rolling (Up-and-down) movement. This will help reduce the hotness of the chilies by releasing the flavor and heat from the veins and seeds of the peppers. Making them optimum to eat.
- Furthermore, take a medium-sized pan and heat oil in it over medium-high flame. When the oil gets thoroughly hot, add peppers and let them fry. Make sure to keep turning them frequently as it will help the chilies get evenly cooked.
- After about 4-5 minutes when their skin starts to go brown remove them from the pan and take them out on a serving bowl.
- Next sprinkle some lime drops on them and season with salt. If you want to add soya sauce you can surely add 2-3 drops in this step.
- All is done, serve warm and hot with the favorite dish, maybe with the “Red chicken”.
It’s crucial to note that:
When frying the peppers you need to make certain not to overcook the chilies. They tends to turn a little bitter after being overcooked.